Omega Well Monitoring, Calgary
ALS Oil & Gas applies more than 65 years of solid fuel analytical testing and support servicing to provide quality results to our clients. We are committed to helping clients reap full value from their energy resources with smart, high value, low-cost solutions.
ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee are both recognized and valued.
Location Omega Well Monitoring, Calgary
Reports to Global Vice President
About the Position
Based in Calgary, the Country Manager of Omega Well Monitoring will be responsible for managing the manufacture and delivery of our downhole monitoring products and services, managing and developing staff, as well as maintaining strong working relationships with our customers/vendors to ensure efficient and cost effective business management.
This incumbent operates in a high level project management role, ensuring Omega complies with client delivery schedule while functional and technical specifications are met in full. The Country Manager, will need to drive, lead and coordinate the local management team who manage the main business functions of sales, engineering production, installation, finance and QHSE.
Leadership & Business Management
- Develop and deliver business strategies that support delivery of the Omega Well Monitoring ambitions and supporting the wider ALS Global strategies
- Ensure that ALS core values are respected and embedded in all business practices
- Provide consistent visible leadership internally and externally to the organization, particularly in areas of QA and HSE
- Act as the focal point for communication of business values and ambitions to the local organization
- Prepare and manage the annual budget and thereby deliver a financially responsible and successful business
- Organize and manage business resources to optimize efficiency and commercial returns
- Develop relationships with key managers within the wider ALS Group of companies, to ensure sharing of relevant business opportunities, driving revenues for the entire group
- Hire, Train and mentor and motivate all staff
- Coordination of team personnel and resources to maximize sales, customer service and manufacturing efficiency
- Maintain staff training programs and competency records (technical, safety and quality)
- Manager the staff mentoring programs and manage the staff career development
- Performance Management including disciplinary action and termination if necessary
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures
- Provide reporting as required within the OWM Corporate structure, to ensure visibility of progress against targets
- Provide support, direction and regular financial performance updates to the business development team, ensuring that business development plans support delivery of annual budget and medium term business ambitions
- Working with the Business Development Team, ensure commercial strategies are supportive of budget delivery
- Attend and represent ALS at tradeshows and conferences
- Lead and participate in strategic planning and market identification
- Relate, in a positive and productive manner, the services available at ALS to existing and potential clients;
- Assist in arranging ALS seminars and workshops for clients
- Participate in client appreciation events and industry seminars/conferences
- Gather, review, assess, filter, select and recommend new product developments
Operations & Engineering Management
- Drive efficient and high quality manufacturing
- Oversee production and efficient field installations
- Ensure use of industry best practice in engineering
- Foster a culture of innovation within engineering
- Commitment to support the application of safety and quality systems, thus driving the highest quality cradle to grave systems
- This position requires a person to sit up to 8 hours per day;
- Ability to spend 30% of your time travelling;
- This position will require work outside of regular work hours.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Electrical or Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent degree,
- 10 – 15 years’ experience in downhole monitoring products with an oil service company.
- 5 years in a Business Development, Senior Project Management or Senior Management role preferred;
- Strong focus and experience in creating or maintaining a quality system and delivering high quality products and/or services
- Extensive experience within the well interventions & completions business
- Operational and/or product development experience.
- Experience in managing and delivering projects.
- Experience with a major service company
- Experience in a design and manufacturing business
- Valid, clear driver’s license and use of own vehicle for travelling.
- Understanding of intervention operations on slickline
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills in a current senior management role
You would also:
- Show a strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Be willing to travel through the Americas and beyond as require by the company.
- Demonstrate good communication skills, along with an ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrate a strong ability under pressure to meet client delivery expectations.
- Must demonstrate an ability to effectively utilise dedicated resources, and the ability to plan, control, and take responsibility for own work.
- Be energetic and dynamic;
- Excellent verbal and written English communication;
- Comfortable with public speaking.
Looking for further details?
Click here to download full vacancy details
- Candidates interested in this opportunity should send a resume and cover letter via email to: JobsCanada@alsglobal.com or apply online at www.alsglobal.com no later than February 14, 2014.
- Due to the high volume of resumes being processed at this recruitment location please state "ALS - Omega – Country Manager" in the subject line.
- We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS Oil & Gas and suitable applicants will be contacted within 7 days of receiving your application.